• print this page



Under Victoria’s Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is illegal to supply alcohol to people aged under 18 years in a private home unless parental consent has been given.

Offenders are liable for a fine of over $7,000.

Find out more: Teen Drinking Law

Please note: This information does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon in this way. The information is correct at the time of publication. For information specific to your situation contact a legal aid service in your state or territory.


Subscribe to Grogwatch

GrogWatch is our blog that shares stories and information about alcohol

Once you subscribe you will receive an email which you will have to click on to verify your subscription.

Subscribe to Grogwatch

Thanks for subscribing. Please remember to check your email to verify your account.

In order to improve our service we'd appreciate it if you could take a minute to tell us about yourself.

Thank you for expressing an interest in our GrogWatch blog. A subscription confirmation email will be sent to your inbox shortly.