• print this page

Western Australia


Under Section 122A of the Liquor Legislation Amendment Act 2015 (WA), it is illegal to supply alcohol to people aged under 18 years in a private home without the consent of the parent or guardian.

It is an offense to supply alcohol to people under aged 18 if the parent or guardian giving consent is drunk or otherwise unable to act in a responsible manner.

Offenders are liable for a fine of up to $10,000 for each underage drinker involved.

Find out more at Secondary Supply Laws FAQs.

Please note: This information does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon in this way. The information is correct at the time of publication. For information specific to your situation contact a legal aid service in your state or territory.


Subscribe to Grogwatch

GrogWatch is our blog that shares stories and information about alcohol

Once you subscribe you will receive an email which you will have to click on to verify your subscription.

Subscribe to Grogwatch

Thanks for subscribing. Please remember to check your email to verify your account.

In order to improve our service we'd appreciate it if you could take a minute to tell us about yourself.

Thank you for expressing an interest in our GrogWatch blog. A subscription confirmation email will be sent to your inbox shortly.